Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Post Where Liuzzi Tries To Fit In.


Hey guys, this may be old news to you, but I came across it and found it funny...

The undoctored closed captioning broadcast of The Phils vs The Mets:


The image file is aptly titled "The Mets are pussies."

Some jokes about it I read:
"Their 'Hot Streak Ovulate' sounds like some sick mating ritual that really shouldn’t be discussed during a baseball game.  Just a friendly reminder that if you’re a dude looking to bang a member of the Mets — be careful, they’re awfully fertile this time of the month."
and, also:
"The Mets reclaimed their half-game lead in the NL East last night, and if the closed-captioning to Tuesday night’s game is any indication, it’s because New York is just really in sync. All the players just seem to be in tune to the same schedule, you know? Why, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of them hit for the cycle."
(Got the story from a Phillies blog called The Fightins.)

Also, something maybe you've seen (again, I don't know) is this picture of Cole Hamels as a kid:
Apparently this guy, "Cole Hamels" is a famous Phillies player?  I think he plays the rank of "pitcher."  You see, what makes that picture cool (I believe), is the fact that he was dressed as a Phillies player as a child, and now plays for them as an adult.   ... Get it? 

...I'm cool now, right, everyone?

1 comment:

Demetriou said...

I was at that game. Moyer gave up 7 runs, but the Phils came back and won. Don't really understand the joke though. What's the gag?