Thursday, January 8, 2009

Science: Never Ceases to Amaze!


You probably checked out the blog today thinking, "Hey, I have 17 minutes and 25 seconds to waste.  What should I do?"  Well, do I have a video for you!  I see some people finding this too nerdy (Mike, Penrith) and others finding it interesting (Demetriou, Jason). 

This video is about Bonobo apes.  I know how intelligent many simians are, but watching videos like this still put me in awe.  I don't wanna ruin the video by telling you some of the things they can do.... but I don't think anyone will watch, so here's what they can do:  use cigarette lighters to start fires, drive golf carts (poorly), use scissors to trim a baby bonobo's hair, make sharp stone tools similiar (if not better) than ones our ancestors made, write in their own language... and play pac-man!  And play it really damn well!

No comments: