Monday, June 30, 2008

Testing, testing...1, 2, 3....

Drew and I learned to sail! :-)
So I wanted to wait until I had something half way interesting to say before attempting to post something....and though I haven't been jumping out of any planes lately, Drew and I did learn to sail this weekend. We took a 22 hour intensive sailing course and received our American Sailing Association certification, so now we're like official sailors or something. The test was pretty intense - it was the first time we studied for anything since college. We both passed (I whooped Drew's butt) but I must admit he at least rescued "Bob" during our man-overboard drills, while I let "Bob" drown... Let's see if I can figure out how to post more pictures....



The view of Manhattan from the boat (A 24 footer!) which was called The Flying Dutchman. Now all I have to do is buy some more pirate pants and an eyepatch....Arrrgh!

(I can't figure out how to do any sort of layout with pictures on this thing.... And since I'm having enough trouble posting and haven't tried commenting yet, let me just say I've thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone else's posts!)

7 comments:

Ollec12 said...

Sailing is frickin sweet.

That's awesome.

Demetriou said...

Congrats on being official sailors. I'm more of a land guy, but it's nice to know you guys can rescue me if I ever drown (well, at least Drew can). And don't worry about the layout of your pictures in the blog, I'm sure Liuzzi will change how everything is arranged so it looks good to him...he does that, be prepared haha.

Dan Liuzzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Liuzzi said...

haha no no, I won't be doing any such thing, Demetriou. It looks just fine.

Aw, I'm so jealous Becky! That looks like a blast. I'm excited just to be ON a shitty little boat this weekend, to go crabbing.

By the way, are you gonna be home next week, Becky? I'll be home this Thursday July 10th, through Sunday July 20th. Hope to see you!!

Demetriou said...

I'll just go ahead and make the correction before Becky invites Liuzzi up to NYC for her birthday: Liuzzi will be home from the 3rd-13th, not the 10th-20th (unless he's changed it since I last spoke to him 2 days ago).

Geoff said...

So you're gonna be home in two days, Liuzzi? Sweet!!

Dan Liuzzi said...

Haha wow, sorry for that major error. I was obviously not thinking, and just copying numbers from my calender.

Yes, Geoff, I'll be home soon, and look forward to seeing you!